We think now, more than ever, it is important that we stand up for the planet and start protecting it.
|Picking up Trash from the Beach on Earth Hour Day|
We go to considerable efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle wherever we can. We already:
- only use paper straws (and you have to ask for one)
- we use reusable shampoo and bodywash dispensers in the bathrooms (so no tiny plastic bottles)
- we provide only 1 bottle of water per person, but offer free refills and sell the Trash Hero bottles
- we upcycle wherever we can, reusing old shutters to make tables, old roofs to make a bike shelter
- we recycle all glass, plastic, cans and cardboard
- our animals eat the left over food!
- we support Trash Hero's beach clean ups
- we have boxes our guests can leave unfinished products (suntan lotion, shampoo, toothpaste) and unwanted toys (Inflatables, fins, masks, buckets & spades) for other to use
- we have reusable laundry bags for the rooms.
|We ask our guests not to throw away reusable items but give to others.|
We are not perfect, by any stretch of the imagination, but we consciously strive to always improve.
|Reusable Laundry Bags|
As with all previous years, Mook Lanta Eco Resort, will not only be supporting Earth Hour, but going further. Mook Lanta Eco Resort is asking all our guests to switch off all unnecessary devices between 8.30 to 9.30 tonight (24th March) but also shutting our electricity down completely for 1 hour at 12pm.
|Any leftover toys and inflatables are given to the Children of the Forest at the end of the season|
We are proud to support such a wonderful event, we hope you will too!