We are having a number of guests arriving at Krabi Airport and booking the ferry/minibus to Koh Lanta and the journey taking over 4 hours. So here is some up to date information regarding getting to the island in Green Season:
1. There is NO passenger ferry in the Green Season, only in the High Season, we expect this service to resume sometime in October. The only ferry that is running at this time of year is the Car Ferry, there is no port for this in Krabi, so there is no need to go to a 'port in Krabi.'
3. I believe there is at least one of the tour agencies in the airport, which offer to book the minibus and have it pick you up from the airport after it leaves Krabi. Please hunt around.
4. There are only minibuses, hourly during the day, these stop at about 4/5pm. After this time, your only option is a private Taxi.
5. A private Taxi to the island costs about 2,500 baht, it is bookable with us (we need 24 hours notice) or at the airport. If there are a few people at the airport who want to go to the island, hire a taxi for all of you (the price difference will be minimal and the journey time will be halved).
6. The car ferry is approximately 1 hour from the airport and runs constantly throughout the day from 6am to 10pm. The ferry itself takes about 15 minutes to Koh Lanta Noi. There is now a bridge between Koh Lanta Noi and Koh Lanta Yai (our island) so your total journey time should be less than 2 hours.
If you are in any doubt about your options or which flight you should book, email me directly. I can give you up to date and honest advice and will work with you to find the cheapest and best option for you. If I know your flight times and I have other guests arriving on the same flight (or one at a similar time), I can put you in touch or organise you to share a taxi.