Saturday 24 November 2018

Meet the Boss!


Gin, The Boss at our resort
So I have not written in a while and I was wondering what to write, when last night happened.....

Last night was the clearest indication that High Season has well and truly arrived because between 4 and 8pm last night the reception and bar were really busy and all 3 of us working, were exhausted by the time we closed!

Luckily for me, it was a day that Gin was in.
Gin giving gifts to the kids on Children's Day
Gin, is our Business Partner, our Hotel Manager and our friend. We laugh, we argue and we occasionally pick on my husband together. I have known this lovely lady for over 10 years and met her when she was working in someone else's dive shop and I realised she was talented and I wanted her to work for me.

When I bought my own  dive centre, the first thing I did was offer her a job and it was the best decision I made. She is smart, sassy and one tough cookie.

When we opened Mook Lanta Eco Resort, we needed a Thai Business Partner and she was the only person I wanted to join our team. My husband had never met her, but when she came to work with us he realised why I wanted her. She compliments our team very well, I am the logistics, finance and marketing, Nick is food and drinks expert and Gin is our legal advisor, Thai intermediary and fixer (you need something or someone and she finds it).

This will be Gin's 6th year working with us a Mook Lanta Eco Resort and I hope there are many many more.

Thank you Gin xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment