Monday 12 December 2016

Shhh it is a Secret!


I have lived on Koh Lanta for nearly 10 years now and every year I manage to find a new bar, restaurant or activity on the island that has remained undiscovered.
A Hidden Gem
3 days ago I was invited to a birthday party at Nong Cat. I had heard of this restaurant, but had never been and had no idea where it was. So off with some dodgy directions, Nick and I headed off.
Celebrating the 2 Tony's Birthdays
In the main town of Saladan, Nong Cat can be found down a small road next to Kontiki Dive Centre. It was built over 14 years ago and 5 years ago was converted from a house into a restaurant. Set in beautiful cool gardens, the bar offers a lovely secluded place to enjoy good company and a beer.
Tony celebrating his own birthday with their lovely staff
The owners are German and offer both Thai, German and Pizzas. Their head chef has over 20 years experience of cooking and working in Thailand and wow did it show! Everything we ate was delicious, the staff were welcoming and friendly and I left the restaurant with only one regret.......

I wish we had found it 5 years ago!

Good luck Kerstin and Paul for the season, hope to come for a beer and some Goulash real soon!

Mellisa

No comments:

Post a Comment