Better than any TripAdvisor, Booking.com or Expedia Award!
Saturday, 16 February 2019
|The Happy Couple|
We would like to not only wish a very Happy Birthday to Yuan Yuan Li, but also a huge congratulations on her engagement to Calvin!
|Bed Decorated for Yuan Yuan's Birthday|
I heard a whisper yesterday morning that it was her birthday, so the girls were ready and waiting to decorate her room to surprise her, but Gin was helping her boyfriend organise a bigger surprise and she helped him purchase a bouquet of flowers for the big question.
|We hoped she would say Yes!|
I wished him luck for his sunset proposal and got a bottle of fizz in anticipation that she said 'Yes!'
|The Moment She Said Yes!|
Luckily for him, and us, she did.
We wish them a very happy future together and hope to see them for the honeymoon!
Friday, 15 February 2019
Thursday, 24 January 2019
|Arriving at Krabi Airport|
If you are coming to Koh Lanta from Krabi Airport, there are a number of things to consider, when choosing the best flight and the best transfer option.
|Koh Lanta is 2 islands, Koh LantaYai & Koh Lanta Noi|
Koh Lanta is comprised of 2 islands, Koh Lanta Yai and Koh Lanta Noi. There is a pier at Hua Hin (about 50 minutes from Krabi Town) that connects you to the car ferry to Lanta Noi. There is a bridge between Koh Lanta Noi and Koh Lanta Yai, where most tourists stay.
|The Car Ferry connects the mainland to Koh Lanta Noi|
There are a number of options, but most people choose either the public minibus or a private taxi but please consider:
|A bridge connects Koh Lanta Noi and Koh Lanta Yai|
1. The public minibus is the cheapest but the slowest, runs hourly (only during the day) and can easily be booked at the airport.
2. The private taxi is faster but more expensive (but a great option for a family or group of friends) and can run at any time.You can book this at the airport or with your hotel.
3. The car ferry, which both the minibus and taxis use, runs constantly from 6am to 10pm. It takes about 15 minutes on the ferry (but there can be a queue for the ferry at busy times).
4. If you arrive after 10pm, you will need to pay for a private ferry (about 1,500 baht)
5. The airport is about 45 minutes from the ferry for Koh Lanta, so you need to ensure your taxi collects you by 9pm to ensure you do not have to pay for the private ferry.
|The Passenger Ferry is a good option if you are coming from Krabi Town|
6. There is a passenger ferry and a taxi/speedboat option, but the ferry runs only once per day (so is not so convenient for those arriving at the airport) and the taxi/speedboat option is expensive (charged on a per person basis)
So when choosing your flight times, please bear this in mind, a cheap flight, that arrives late a night, could cost you a lot more than an earlier flight.
Saturday, 12 January 2019
|Gin giving the kids cakes & donuts|
Yesterday was Children's Day in Thailand and every year on Koh Lanta an event is held in Casuarina Park, Long Beach, Koh Lanta, for the children of the island.
|Gin organised the event|
All the local businesses are invited to come and support the event and there are many competitions, games and activities for the kids to do.
But you have to get up early, as the event starts at 8am and our stall was sold out by 9am!
|Ya & Sao eating the kid's donuts!|
As with every year, we participate in this event and Gin, our Hotel Manager, took the lead and ordered the cakes and donuts for the kids and managed our stand with our Head Cleaner, Sao and Handyman/Gardener, Ya.
A big thank you from us guys and I am sure there were plenty of kids enjoying the sugar rush you gave them!